All licenses include the 2 hour training you need to get started quickly. Basic users get video training that shows them everything they need. The software is so easy to use that as long as they can use Word, they can use Projecttop.
We can also do special training for the vendors to make it even easier for them to use the software. This training is charged separately (300€/vendor).
If you need more help, we’re happy to give it (all the way up to managing projects and mentoring). We’re not a consulting business though, so our goal is to get you and your people up and running, so you won’t need us continuously. One of the things our clients mention often is that they can handle all their projects without any issues. Specifically, they get things done on time and budget without high consulting costs.
The most valued features—and what people think about some of them:
1. See the real-time situation of every project down to individual tasks—automatically
“I can’t imagine running projects without Projecttop anymore. We’re getting all our projects done on time with a lot less stress, too.”
2. Track how well vendors are sticking to the schedule, what they get done, and how many defects they still have to fix
3. See everyone’s task load and easily identify if someone’s likely to slow down the project
“It takes me 5 seconds to check if anyone out of 100 people has too many tasks or is too slow at getting things done.”
4. See how all different projects in your company relate to each other—avoid conflicts that can slow things down
“Surprise conflicts between projects caused some of the biggest issues for us. I might need to call someone in a different team to ask if they can spare some resources because we didn’t know there would be schedule conflicts. And often they’d need those same people just as badly.”
5. Have testing and quality control information in one place, so that you see how testing progresses and if everything is up to standard
“In our previous project, things seemed to be going fine until we got to testing. Then the number of defects started creeping up, and we could see that the software was nowhere near ready for implementation. It took four more months before we could go live—and even then, we had problems left to solve.”
6. Have all communication in one place—all task-specific notes are even attached to the task, so people don’t waste time looking for information from emails, notes, memos…
“I hadn’t even realized how much time I spent looking for details about tasks from email threads. It was actually quite surprising how easily everyone switched to talking about tasks in Projecttop. I guess everyone else hated the email threads, too.”
7. Keep all change requests organized—even the ones that won’t be done immediately
“Previously we had to choose between executing a change immediately and likely never doing it. Now we have a way to prioritize things without losing lower-priority ideas.”
8. Forget preparing reports—all you need to do is log in
“Yesterday I had to run to a meeting without any preparation. I logged into the system Projecttop and showed the real-time view of my projects. Another project manager told me that he usually needs 2 hours to prepare a PowerPoint report.”
As a tool, Projecttop has no competition. Projecttop enabled both big-picture and task-level management in our large development project, and it played a large part in the project’s successful completion. Projecttop enabled us to track the progress of changes in all stages of the project—from modeling processes to the completion of the acceptance tests created based on those processes.
Chief Information Officer, Indutrade Oy
Projecttop makes software development and defect management easy. Projecttop is also a valuable tool for software testing. Projecttop experts have always been there for us with support and beneficial tips.
IT Manager, Oy Snellman Ab